Help Contents Making / Copying a New Request
To create a new request follow the instructions below. If you are copying a request, the procedure is essentially the same as the New Request procedure, except that the form has been pre-filled in using the source request. Please see the notes on copying a request below.
- Open a window or screen or session with the Sage catalog by clicking on the Sage link on the navigation bar (Keep this window open while working in EOIN.)
- Click on the New Request link on the navigation bar.
- After the form opens check to see that all of your library information is correct. Edit it if necessary by clicking on the Edit button.
- After locating the desired item in the Sage catalog choose the libraries to receive your request.
- Use the drop down menus to build your lender string. You can send a direct request to a sequence of libraries, including All Libraries and OCLC. Some examples:
Important: Notice that the default selection in the first box is All Libraries. If you do not change this then the request will go out to all of the libraries simultaneously.
- Choose a library that is closest or that is on a particular courier route.
- If the item is widely held and you do not care who ships it, choose All Libraries from the drop down menu.
- Choose a particular library first, then select All Libraries, then select OCLC to refer it outside the Sage System if no one fills it.
- Choose 3 separate libraries on your courier system.
- Fill in all of the boxes appropriate for the type of request: Book or Journal. You will usually get materials faster when all of these boxes are filled in; this is especially true for Journal requests.
- Near the bottom of the New Request form there is a Location info field. It is strongly recommended that you enter the call number of the items location in the first library on your string, or a sequence of call numbers or the general location, if sending out to All Libraries i.e. Western, Fiction, Large print, etc. If you know the ISBN or ISSN of an item include this information as well. The Location info field is meant for this information. You may also use the Borrowing Notes box if you have extended information for multiple libraries.
- When you have filled in all of the necessary fields click on the Submit Request button. You will immediately see the Request Detail page of your new request. The EOIN number for your new request will be displayed at the top. Additionally, this request will appear on your Borrow Requests page, accessible through the <your> Borrow Requests link on the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
Copying A Request
When copying a request the original request is duplicated exactly. It is imperative that you review all fields to ensure they contain appropriate information. Pertinent fields are:
- Lending String: Search the Sage catalog yourself, and ensure the lending string is appropriate for your request.
- Location info / Borrowing Notes
- Needed By
- Maximum Cost
The instructions manual may be found here: EOIN.pdf (Adobe Acrobat format)
EOIN 3.0 is hosted by Pierce Library at EOU. For questions or comments, please email the webmaster.
To force your session to expire, click here.