Help Contents Automated Functions
EOIN 3.0 continues to have two automated functions: automated request state changes and nightly emails. Both of these have changed due to the additional states that requests can be in.
Automated State Changes
The following changes are made to requests by the system when indicated:
Please note that Sundays are NOT counted in the system. A request open on Friday will not be advanced until Tuesday (4 actual days.)
- Advance a request to the next library in the lending string, or, if there are no more libraries, change state to Unfilled when a request has been:
- Open to All Libraries for 15 days
- Open to a specific library for 3 days (Requests to OCLC, however, are NOT moved on)
- In Process for the number of days specified when placed in process
- Change a request state to Expired if a request is Unfilled for 7 days.
If you are affected by a request change, you will be notified in a system generated email. This digest email contains any automated changes, and also lists all of your lend/borrow requests that have been changed by you or others in the last 24 hours.
The email updates will appear as follows (not all possible notices are shown):
Subject: EOIN Night Update
EOU Pierce Library
The following EOIN request changes within the last 24 hrs affect you:
-Changed or new borrow requests:
33 Returned: Polar Express
34 Received: Renew Permitted: Green Eggs And Ham
-Changed or new lend requests:
4 Completed: Touring Australia [videorecording]
11 Received: Renew Permitted: Child Protection Oversight Hearin...
The following automatic changes were made by EOIN:
-Your requests advanced to the next library:
106 Open: Tom Sawyer
Log into the system at http://muse.eou.edu/eoin to view these requests.
The instructions manual may be found here: EOIN.pdf (Adobe Acrobat format)
EOIN 3.0 is hosted by Pierce Library at EOU. For questions or comments, please email the webmaster.
To force your session to expire, click here.